Take a Leap Towards Sustainability with EHS
on 17th August, 2016
What is EHS?
Sustainability is now an integral component of key business ethics. Companies that aspire to be sustainable invest in strong environmental, health and safety management, otherwise known as EHS. On the environmental axis, EHS involves creating a systematic approach to managing waste, complying with environmental regulations, or reducing the company’s carbon footprint. Successful EHS programs focus on health and well-being of employees and include measures to address ergonomics, air quality, and other aspects of workplace safety to extend a productive working environment to all.
How does EHS relate to sustainability?
With the advent of sustainability, the role of members, their skills and experience are more important than ever. When it comes to EHS, our leaders are responsible for designing and implementing strategies that take companies beyond compliance.
These initiatives involve tasks such as:
- Developing and leading a formal sustainability program
- Creating successful internal partnerships to integrate EHS values and practices across the business
- Communicating enterprise risks associated with environmental, health, or safety failures
- Establishing global corporate EHS standards and practices
- Publicly reporting progress on a full spectrum of EHS and sustainability initiatives
- Responding to stakeholder inquires about their company’s EHS and sustainability performance
- Working with supply chain
- Global auditing
- Ensuring safe and healthy workplaces around the world
What is SAP EHS?
SAP EHS supports the management of industrial hygiene, safety and occupational health processes. SAP EHS management helps you ensure compliance with regulations for product safety, hazardous substances, dangerous goods and waste management.
The Environment, Health, and Safety solutions enable users to:
- View information about hazardous materials
- Support putaway checks
- Supply customers with material safety datasheets
- Record occupational incidents quickly and efficiently
- Publish data to expanded user base
- Avoid bottlenecks and high processing times
- Embed Environment, Health and Safety services into SAP logistics
KloudData successfully installed the SAP EHS module for JSR Micro. The company leveraged the SAP EHS implementation service from KloudData who also provided other services like SAP EHP6 upgrade and custom development. The exercise improved the overall process efficiency resulting in elimination of manual transactional errors. Read the success story.
Why KloudData for SAP EHS?
- Business/Solution consulting
- Innovation with leaders
- Broadest portfolio
- Reliability and 24/7 support
- Certified ISO 9001:2008, follow industry best practices for Environment, Health and Safety
In the new era of global business, addressing EHS issues with effective solutions can be a great vantage point for companies ensuring optimal performance.