SAP S/4HANA at a glance
on 18th May, 2017
What is SAP S/4HANA?
SAP S/4HANA is SAP’s next-generation business suite, providing a digital core for your organization. Built on SAP HANA, one of the most advanced in-memory platforms today, S/4HANA employs modern design principles with the SAP Fiori user experience (UX). SAP S/4HANA delivers massive simplifications in areas such as customer adoption, data model, user experience, decision making, business processes, and models. And it offers innovations for the Internet of Things (IoT), Big Data, business networks, and mobile-first to help businesses run simple in the digital economy.
What are the key benefits for a customer to move to SAP S/4HANA?
SAP S/4HANA is built only on the SAP HANA platform because it is the only platform that can deliver the required massive simplifications and innovations.
From a business value perspective:
- Enterprises can now connect to people, devices, and business networks to deliver new value to their customers on any channel because the Internet of Things and Big Data are accessible to any business.
- Second, enterprises can dramatically simplify their processes, drive them in real time, and change them as needed to gain new efficiencies – batch processing is no longer required.
- And finally, business users can now get any insight on any data from anywhere in real time for planning, execution, prediction, and simulation, so decisions may be made on the fly with the finest level of granularity for faster business impact.
From an IT value perspective:
- Enterprises can eliminate redundant data, reducing their data footprint while working with larger data sets in one system. This enables them to reduce hardware costs, operational costs, and complexity, and to save time.
- Innovation is made simpler by leveraging an open platform (SAP HANA Cloud Platform) to drive advanced applications.
- Enterprises get choice of deployment: cloud, on premise, and even hybrid scenarios.
What is the benefit of using an in-memory platform with regard to the data model?
SAP S/4HANA delivers high-volume online transaction processing (OLTP) and high volume real-time online analytical processing (OLAP) based on a unified data model without the redundant data layers typically required by traditional RDBMS-based systems. This reduces TCO while providing new opportunities to increase business value from existing investments.
What are the SAP S/4HANA deployment options for customers?
SAP offers on-premise, cloud, and hybrid deployments to give real choice to customers. SAP S/4HANA also gives customers the option to fully leverage the SAP HANA multi-tenancy database functionality as provided by the SAP HANA platform.
How does SAP HANA Enterprise Cloud relate to the SAP S/4HANA?
SAP HANA Enterprise Cloud provides a private cloud environment for all SAP on-premise solutions running on SAP HANA, including SAP S/4HANA. Customers can consider this as a deployment option for SAP S/4HANA.
KloudData is at the forefront of building transformative software solutions that help market leading enterprises remain ahead of the pack. We can help you with a customized consultation on SAP S/4HANA. For more information, connect with us at email@example.com or visit www.klouddata.com